Thinking more today about things that make me content. It’s 1:30 PM right now, and I’ve had an extremely productive, yet relaxing, Sunday so far. Here’s what’s made my day full of contentment.
- Getting up at the crack of dawn and having the house to myself
- Working in peace and quiet
- Finishing a project early
- Working out without interuptions
- Wii Fit yoga
- Sleeping babies (especially when they’re so chubby and cute!)
- A cup of coffee, eggs on toast, and a fresh peach for breakfast
- Clean laundry
- Clean house
- Time to read the Sunday newspaper
- An afternoon free to do a little light work
- An evening of dinner and conversations with good friends
- Time to knit (I’m working on a belt now!)
- Books to read
- A cup of hot Darjeeling tea
It really doesn’t take much to make me happy. Just a quiet life at a pace I can handle. I’ve been up since 5AM this morning, gotten in my workout and housecleaning, and I’ll probably sleep like a rock tonight. And it’s all good.
What do you want out of life? Where do you find your contentment?