This is for the very talented Mr. Phil Rossi – amazing
musician, wonderful writer, and an all-around great guy who is always more than welcome to drop by any time I’ve got a fresh pot of
stew bubbling in the slow cooker 😉
This recipe is modified from the Potato and Bratwurst Stew recipe found in BHG’s 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes cook book.
- 14 oz no fat chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 10 1/2 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb sausage (bratwurst, kielbalsa, smoked sausage, or whatever you choose), sliced
- 1 20 oz package refridgerated shredded potatoes, preferably southwestern style
- 1 package frozen golden corn
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans
Put all ingredients into slow cooker and mix together. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hrs, or set on high and cook for 4 hours.
If you can’t find southwestern style shredded potatoes, add 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper and 2 teaspoons minced garlic. Serve with
fresh cornbread. This makes a pretty big pot of stew, but it’s a great comfort food and everybody here loves it!
Hope you enjoy the recipe, especially you, Mr. Rossi 😉