Okay, can anybody tell me exactly what the hell a meme is?
Sparx over at Notes From Inside My Head is doing one and by virtue of reading it I have apparently become infected with it. Willingly though, because I could just pretend I didn’t read her meme and thereby not have to pass it on to you.
Okay, so Sparx’s meme (meme… me-me… meeee-meeee… what kind of weird ass word is that anyway?) is to write 6 totally random things about yourself, or myself, although if you read this, you have to do it to now because I said so and we all know who’s in charge around here, don’t we? That’s right, the kids.
1. Seriously, I don’t know what a meme is beyond some form of internet cooties, and I have no idea why people on Twitter keep writing “I can haz…” What is that? Bad grammar disease?
2. I love soft boiled eggs. I just finished eating a soft boiled egg on toast for breakfast. It was gooey and yummy!
3. I also love coffee, but I think the General Foods International stuff is just as good (if not better, at times) as the real thing. That’s because I’m lazy and if I’m tired or I don’t feel like it, making real coffee is a pain.
4. Speaking of coffee, when I was at Camp All American in Fort Bragg, my junior year of college, all the female cadets would get sooooo tired that we would open up the packets of instant coffee crystals and tuck the coffee inside our lower lips. It tasted nasty and we got in trouble for it because our TAC sergeant thought we had all started doing snuff and you know snuff is only for boys, but that raw coffee sure did help us stay awake.
5. By authority of me, there is no number five today.
6. Sometimes I miss being single. It was waaaaaaay easier for me to take care of my tiny one-bedroom apartment and my three cats than it is for me to take care of this big ol’ house with husband and two kids. But I didn’t think so at the time. I thought cleaning the apartment and feeding the cats was a heck of a lot of work.
And there you have it. Six — no wait, five (because I have decreed 5 illegal today… but wait, if I decree five illegal how can I have only five random facts… Oh hell…) – six random facts about me today. And now six of you who are reading this have the internet cooties known as ‘meme’ and must pass it along or your dog will go bald and you will grow a third arm.
Which, if you have kids and a house covered in dog fur, might not be so bad. I mean, a third arm to help out and no more dog fur. Not a bad deal, right?