Work Report for 3rd Quarter, 2006
Well, it’s mid-October, which means it’s high time I sat down and reviewed my work accomplishments for the last quarter, rather than sit and bitch about how hard it is to be a mom like I usually do. I dug up the list of goals from the last quarter to see what I did and didn’t manage to do. Here it is:
Write new erotica story for ERWA Blasphemy week – finished 6 July, 2006. Story title – The Messenger.
Write three ITEM articles for ERWA, one per month – finished 28 September, 2006.
Write one flasher per week for ERWA – who was I kidding? I did manage to write four flashers, all of which were published at ERWA this past quarter.
Begin background work on novel – “The Mirrored Sun” – postponed. I had my hands full with the baby.
Begin background work on novel – “Lady Dragon.” This has sort of mutated into a different project. I did end up writing a brief synopsis for a graphic novel/manga that I’d like to do, so the basic idea is written down and stored for later use. Completed 30 September 2006.
Submit at least one story for publication this quarter – completed 27 July 2006. I sent the story “Alienated” out to Circlet Press for consideration in one of their anthologies.
Finish commissioned book cover for Eternally Erotic books – completed 5 July 2006. If you’d like to see the book cover, click here. The image is fairly work-safe but the link will take you to Eternally Erotic, an erotica e-publisher, so don’t click on it if you’re at work, okay? By the way, the web graphics on Eternally Erotic were done by me too.
Create website graphic commissioned for Crimson Succubus website – completed 2 July 2006.
Finish Great Hall tutorial and use set in one final image – not finished.
Check out Addictingclips.com and see if I have anything to submit – I checked. Hopefully, sometime in the future I will have some toons to submit to them. In the meantime, I submitted one of my other toons to a competition at Aniboom.com. Go check it out and vote for me!
Continue writing daily blog rant – I’ve written almost two hundred pages worth of material in this blog since the beginning of June.
Fix animated header for blog – completed 15 June, 2006.
Design creeper/t-shirt for Café Press shop – postponed.
Design coffee mug for Café Press shop – postponed.
Review books I use for tutorials and graphics education and make an Amazon.com store link for website site – not done.
Archive 2005 work files – not done due to problems with DVD recorder. Hopefully that’s been solved.
Set up DAZ affiliate on Pixel Arcana website – completed 30 July 2006.
Finish mermaid drawing – finished 24 August 2006. It looks gorgeous too!
Matte drawing and prep for Marscon art show – postponed.
And that’s the whole list of what I had planned to do and what actually got done during the past quarter. Looking at the list, I think things look pretty good. I had 18 items on the list, of which I completed eleven, plus I resubmitted the novel to another e-publisher on top of all that. So I’m giving myself a big high-five for all my hard work. Later, I’ll discuss my goals for the current quarter and my new plan for world domination.
Since it’s been a few days since my last post, I’m posting three small images today. These are some sketch ideas for an art nouveau style stain glass window that I was going to put in the bedroom sketch I’m working on. I wanted something with wings or angel imagery. The window is out of the sketch now, but I may use the ideas later for something else.